If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to attend to some important task or meeting and also have to appear in court to pay your parking ticket, then you must be aware of how problematic that is. But you need not worry because the onlinecitationpayment system facilitates your life by allowing you to pay your traffic violation, parking ticket and class C misdemeanor citations from your home.
However, paying your citation online may result in the conviction on your driving record. Because paying your ticket online shows you’re in fact guilty of the charge and are resolving to an admission of guilt. However, you may have your traffic citation dismissed by requesting Deferred Disposition (Probation) or a Driver Safety Course (Defensive Driving).
If you successfully complete Deferred Disposition or your Driver Safety Course, then a conviction will not be reported.
How to Pay for Online Citation Payment Online from www.onlinecitationpayment.com
You can pay your citation online easily by following the below instructions:
- The ticket you receive via mail has a citation number on it. View your citation online by entering the citation number and pin/password as appears on the ticket.
- If you face any issues with the site, inform it to the State Service Department by contacting this number for Maryland: (301) 858-6212 or Ohio: (888) 944-6446.
- The site for onlinecitationpayment is secured by GoDaddy.
This service allows the user to pay for his citation by credit/debit card using Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. However, payment via cheques is not acceptable. If the resident’s ticket says ‘Must Appear’, then he is obliged to appear in court on the day and time mentioned on the ticket and he should IN NO WAY try to pay the ticket online. In case of an emergency, if the resident cannot appear in the court, then he should call and reschedule the date of his hearing. After Online Payment of Citation, the resident should call his vehicle insurance provider to check if the resulting violation has affected his auto insurance in any way.
Other Ticket NOTES:
- Maryland traffic tickets are issued in two ways i.e. Handwritten (which will be in traditional ticket form) or Electronic (which can be printed from the patrol car).
- You can pay the ticket by opting for the method suitable to you. These methods include online, in person, by mail, or over the phone.
- DO NOT PAY THE FINE if you want to request a trial date or waiver hearing because payment means submission of guilt.
- Entering a non-guilty plea means a right to request a trial and may sanction all chances for a plea bargain.
- Most tickets can be paid online without having to appear in the court. However, in case your ticket has a ‘Must Appear’ warning, then you must appear in the court and not put your driving license or auto insurance in jeopardy.
Note Online Citation Payment
In case your vehicle has been towed or booted, you cannot retrieve it by paying an online ticket. In that case, immediately call City and County of Maryland Impound and search for your vehicle. Also, keep in mind that paying an online ticket is essentially an admission of guilt and will result in a conviction on your driving record. Although paying a parking ticket Onlinecitationpayment will not bring any such results.